Photo of the day, 17 May 2010

Six Steps to Stellar Spring Rolls


Today I took a Cambodian cooking class at the aptly named Cambodia Cooking Class school.  They can accommodate up to 10 students, but today I was the only one.  Lucky!  My "photo" of the day is actually six photos that I've collaged together.  Six steps to delicious, crispy spring rolls.  I'm eager to show off my new skills when I get home, so look out for your invitation to hors d'oeuvre, Cambodian style! 

Step 1:  Visit the Central Market in Phnom Penh. (Note: this is NOT WholeFoods)
Step 2:  Grate, salt, drain, rinse, drain the taro root. Grate the carrot.
Step 3:  Rollup the spring rolls using rice flour wrappers.  Use egg as "glue" to seal the rolls.
Step 4:  Fry in (plenty of) oil. (Also make the sauce - peanuts, bird's eye hot peppers, a bit of sweet pepper, fish sauce, peanuts, sugar, salt.)
Step 5:  Serve.
Step 6:  Enjoy.

Yum! 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you collage the photos?!

Unknown said...

They are gluten-free?!?

JBT said...

@Anon: Photo collage made with Picasa
@Maddy: Yes, gfree!

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?