Another Theo inspired post

Those of you who have been diligently following this blog from the beginning (and, thank you!) may remember a poem sent to me by my dear friend Theo that I posted way back in March.  Once again, Theo has inspired me to post, with the following words from a wonderful email I received from her just this morning:

i need more - i want to know about food and your friends and what you're reading and seeing.  are you going through south america?  are you drinking mate?  what what what... basically i just want more nuggets from your life.  not big huge this is how it's going statements - just little bits.
So here's a little bit.

I'm sitting in Nati's house, listening to Jorge Drexler, whom I newly love.  Nati has 3 cats and 1 dog, plus 3 more cats and 7 (yes, 7) more dogs who live downstairs and frequently come to visit.  They're here, they say what's up.

That's Arturo

Yes, I bonded with a cat. This is Ralphie. She's a girl.

Last week I was adopted by a group of Nati's friends for Dia del Amigo.  That's right, a special holiday for friends.  How lovely and wonderful!  As per time-tested Argentine tradition, we went to a boliche and danced for 5 hours straight.

Really cool photog of me and Nati jumping around. Credit: Jess!

Today I spent a solid couple hours in the Centro Postal Internacional visiting various windows and waiting for various numbers to be called so that I could pick up a package of ropa abrigada (warm clothes!) sent to me by mom.  THANK YOU MOM!

I went to class and wrestled with the subjunctive some more.


Argentine movies I can recommend:
- El Secreto de Sus Ojos
- Valentin
- Plan B


Today is the anniversary of the death of Eva Peron.  RIP.

That's my nugget for today.

With love and mate.
Julia






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please bring Arturo and Ralphie home with you? I have conferred with them and they feel certain they would like Brooklyn. XOXO SPDG

Anonymous said...

Big or small we love them all. And we love you. M&H from LA

Theo said...

YES. I love being an instigator.

Faye said...

Hermosa! Valentin es precioso! Que bueno si puedo escuchar sobre como anda los cosas en tu vida. Suerte con todo corazón. Te extraño mucho.
un beso enorme! Faye

P.S
Bolivian empanadas - La Paceña, http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=1735

JRDavis said...

missing you and loving following you adventure. the nuggets are wonderful. where to next my friend? while not as exotic as your round the world tour, i'm currently sitting in the airport lounge in EWR from Portland OR to Portland ME. Hah. sending love, JRD

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?